Monday, February 22, 2010

Florals...for Spring. How Original.

So I thought I killed my PhD this morning. There's a theory going around that the house is haunted with a ghost who likes to take out our electronics. I wish I were kidding.

Fortunately(?) it was user error and I managed to salvage a couple of snaps of what's blooming.

Behold:

 

Something random and darling in that back awkward spot by the compost. There are a lot of these and I don't know what they are. That spot is just full of surprises! (And none of them are the pumpkins Husband planted last spring. Hm.)


 

Peach blossoms. We need to spray this tree this weekend (assuming it doesn't rain like it has been) to prevent the curl and then maybe we'll have a not-disgusting crop of peaches with which to make peach ice cream*.


We did no gardening this weekend because of the aforementioned rain. Husband did buy fertilizer for our (winter) grass and spray for the apple moths. And a sprinkler. We have mineral-rich water (which is a nice way of saying it's super hard and clogs every faucet/sprayer we use) and our previous sprinkler was no match.
There's a decent crop of oranges, though. Anyone have a good sherbet recipe?



*aka: manna from heaven

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails