It's no secret we are a food-lovin' family.
A big reason we chose this house to rent was due to the bounty it brought.
(plums are almost ripe)
So it should come as no surprise that a lot of my reading and watching is centered around what I'm calling (and I'm not the only one) the Food Memoir.
I'm going to share my wealth of resource titles - feel free to point out any I've missed. Also - if anyone knows how to set up one of those lists on Amazon where I can put a button on the side of the blog and then it goes to the list and you can see all of the information about the book you want...that would be awesome.
These are in no particular order, and the links will take you to the author's blog/website.
* Plenty: One Man, One Woman, and a Raucous Year of Eating Locally - Alisa Smith and JB Mackinnon (also called The 100 Mile Diet)
* The Art of Simple Food: Notes, Lessons, and Recipes from a Delicious Revolution - Alice Waters
* Heat: An amateur Cook in a Professional Kitchen - Bill Buford
* Fast Food Nation - Eric Schlosser
* Bringing Up Bebe: One American Mother Discovers the Wisdom of French Parenting - Pamela Druckerman
* The Quarter Acre Farm: How I Kept the Patio, Lost the Lawn, and Fed My Family for a Year - Spring Warren
* No Impact Man
* Kitchen Confidential (fictional series)
* Food, Inc
* The Botany of Desire
* Dirt! The Movie
* Fast Food Nation
* Jamie Oliver's Food Revolution
* Good Eats
* Master Chef
* Food Fight
* Forks Over Knives
* Food Matters
* TED Talks: Chew On This (Series)
* Take Home Chef
* Go Further
* Save our Farm!
* Queen of the Sun
And if you've only got 5 minutes and you need a little prodding to inspire you when you have more time, please behold:
|The Daily Show with Jon Stewart||Mon - Thurs 11p / 10c|