Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Some Light Nesting

A while ago, on Pinterest, I ran across this image: 

(also - I totally have that orange-striped travel mug. Love it.)

It's been in the back of my brain ever since. We have an odd little cabinet that's a jumble of to-go mugs and bottles. And we've had our coffee maker and grinder shoved into another awkward corner, where it often gets trapped behind drying dishes or gets in the way of meal prep.

Our kitchen was added on to our house in 1969, the still on the up-curve of convenience food and less kitchen activity. Our landlord moved in directly afterwards and didn't touch it. I know you couldn't tell...

So before:

 Cramped award corner.


I cleaned out the cabinet before I thought to take a picture. I'd even removed one of the shelves. I was on a roll.

So notice that the fancy cabinet up there has a pot filler and, one can assume, a plug. Our house is not that fancy, but there is a plug directly beneath, so we just have to lower the maker and grinder and go to town.

The downside is that coffee (and beer and wine) taste like blue cheese and dirt to me these days. Gotta love pregnancy hormones!

Anyway, after:

 Not a total Betty, but a vast improvement.

Woot!

Not pictured - I stood on Baz's Learning Tower to reach the shelves. That thing is amazing. It's like indoor scaffolding. Two thumbs up.

We'll see how this bears out in actual practice. But I'm already quite pleased with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails