Friday, April 5, 2013

Card Catalogue Craft Storage

Many years ago, when we were still in Dallas, I relieved my mom of the last card catalogue in her library. It's at least 50 years old and solid wood. It gets put in place and never moved and over the years it has mostly housed random things that I couldn't find anywhere else for.

Back in... January? February? I got inspired to actually do something aside from stack boxes in front of it and library books on it.

This is what it looked like. Not pretty, but full of potential.


My ex-brother-in-law turned it down when my mom offered it to him as a toolbox because of these holes. He has proven to be so very short sighted. A little card stock and some double sided tape later...



I used post-it flags to label intended drawers. 

Then I cut cardstock and printed labels...

This kid loves a good organization project.

The orange labels are drawers he has full access to, and he respects that the blue drawers are for Mommies and Daddies only.


After:  

That's my camera bag and some more art supplies down there.

Let's be real about what the top looks like, because this is as neat as it gets:
(that pile on the left is stain glass bunting...tutorial on its way!)

Ultimately, it's my favorite piece of free furniture to date!

If you can't find one on Craigslist and $800 is a good price for you, Land of Nod has some on offer right now.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails