Monday, July 9, 2012

Super Undies: A Review

***The product in question was provided by the company for the purposes of review. The opinions are purely those of mine and my family.***

(Adding pictures to the bath/bed routine also added a dimension of chaos. 
This is our best picture of the undies.)

About a month or so ago, I heard through the blogger grapevine that Super Undies was looking for testers. Since we are THROUGH with diapers (I'm more through than Baz, but that's a whole other thing) I contacted them. 

Long story short: we ended up with a pair of Nightime Undies for testing. They arrived in the mail and I could tell from the bulk that they meant business. And let me tell you, folks, this kid's bladder has always been remarkable in its production. His kidneys work just fine, thankyouverymuch.

I ran them through a pre-wash (we wash everything before we wear it) and immediately realized they were going to take twice as long to dry as our previous nighttime solution (in diapers: he was wearing a fitted with a doubler and a wool cover. Lately, he's been in night time disposable pull ups.)

So the NEXT night, we put them to the test.
Here's what we thought:

*Baz enjoys them - he's not generally a fan of disposables for non-pooping purposes, and he liked being able to pull them on by himself. 

*They're bulky without being gigantic - so they fit under his regular pajamas

*The bulk means they take forever to dry, and due to our lack of a recent cloth diaper routine, I found myself wishing we had more than one pair so that I didn't have to wash every day/supplement with pull ups. (At roughly $30/pair, though, they're certainly an investment. The real test will be how they hold up for Rerun when he's at this stage in 2-3 years.)

*Some nights he wet right through them. But, considering he's still not waking at night to potty, and he's leaked through every night diaper "solution" out there - I'm not remotely surprised, nor do I blame the Super Undies. Most nights, he did not wet through them. (He's also been sick, so the most recent wet-through could be a fluke completely related to all the fluids we've been pushing.)

*They're cute without being babyish. Let me just say that when your kid decides to be a Big Kid and not a Baby anymore - everything needs to reflect that or you'll get a lot of push-back in the form of: "Don't like dat! Dat's for baby!" The simple color blocking is appealing. (Not that we'd turn down a digger or race car pattern - he is still a boy, after all.)

*If we were at the beginning of our Potty Training endeavor, I would also pick up some of the pull-on undies for long car rides and days when we're just out running errands all day. We're a cloth diaper family and the cloth trainer options are few and far between.

All in all, a strong thumbs up from everyone. 
(Their website has helpful videos and much more information than I gave here - but I only wanted to talk about our experience, obviously.)

See? They fit under plain-ol' firetruck jammies.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails