Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Re-doing the mantle...again

My mantle has gotten more over-hauls than I can count. I wish I could paint it, but that's out of the question for now, maybe in the spring I'll revisit painting the room...

Anyway, I saw a cute tutorial on Pinterest (of course) for these crazy rosette things. They were using them as party decor, but I thought they'd be a fun project and then they could go over the mantel.

So I got my sidekick and some paper and paint and went to town:

 Real Kipper wouldn't sit still and observe, so fake Kipper stood in. 

 Our art dries.

 I didn't take pictures of the process - you  can find the tutorial here
(For those who like to know these things, the painting is by Emily Seeman and this picture does not do it justice. Stupid brown wall.)


I may spread them out, or we may make more...I have mantel-decor ADD, obviously ;)


Baz loves that his art wound up over the mantel, and he can point to the ones he painted and the ones I painted -- part of the awesomeness of the Reggio approach is that you get to see your art transform -- it's not always as literal as this, but when you're part of the under-3 set, literal is sometimes the absolute best way to go.

We're getting down to the wire with baby prep - I'm working my way through a list that includes fun things like lanolizing wool and buying lunch boxes (preschool starts soon!) 

This was last night - 37 weeks. Full term, baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails