Monday, May 13, 2013

"Stained Glass" Bunting


Somewhere, I saw this tutorial - crayon shavings + wax paper = bunting.
So one night, while watching Downton Abbey, I started sharpening crayons into a muffin tin.

 The next rainy day, when we stayed in our pajamas, I pulled out the ironing board and the wax paper. 

Baz did the sprinkling.




Walter hung out, mostly happily, while we crafted the afternoon away.





I hung the post-ironing, pre-cutting sheets in the window to cool. 


Cutting triangles...


Some bakers twine and washi tape later, and we've got  super cute bunting in our play area. I really need to get a better shot, but it's...challenging. I'll post one when I get one. 


I've got at least a dozen triangles hanging out...more bunting? Pennants? The possibilities, while not endless, are certainly inspiring :-) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails