Monday, October 15, 2012

Put A Bat on It

We wanted an easy Halloween craft...and my mantel was feeling a little out of step with the season. And then I was inspired by Portlandia* and Pinterest and decided to put a bat on it.

But tracing a template and cutting out bats is a Mommy job and Baz wanted in on the action. So I cut out pumpkins (construction paper, freehand, glue stick) and some black eyes, noses, and mouths, and let him go.


Oct 12 2012 from Emily Bartnikowski on Vimeo.

Finished product:






*I did not enjoy that show as much as I felt I should. In fact, I enjoyed exactly one segment. This one. (Because it speaks to the part of me that wants to go live at the Pit in PCU.)

1 comment:

  1. That flannel shirt still looks fly...*


    *I also didn't enjoy Portlandia as much as I was hoping I would, but DH & I cracked up while watching that bit when it came out. It hit quite close to home.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails