Thursday, April 5, 2012

2 raves

1st: Taproot.


We all know how much I love Amanda Blake Soule, so when I heard she was working on a magazine, I signed right up. It came in the mail about a week ago and I enjoyed every single word. It's filled with inspiring stories of people getting in touch with the soil (as the issue title suggests) and now I am inspired to dig in and make our back garden something enjoyable. Next step...find the energy... ;-)  Needless to say, I am very much looking forward to issue 2. (and sad that there are only 4/yr)




Did you even know this existed? Neither did I! Do you see how simple that is?  I ordered the Teach Me Time clock so we could give Baz a visual cue for when it's ok to leave his room (and get in my bed with his cold, cold feet) and when I saw that option I *had* to click it. I am not sorry I did. No scissors beyond the initial box-opening. No flesh-slicing plastic to wrestle with. Not even those stupid wire loops that require bolt cutters to get through. 

The jury is still out on the awesomeness of the clock. Baz loves that when he pushes that button, it tells him the time. We're going through trial and error to get the green light to come on at the right time. As Brennan said on Bones Monday night: "my IQ could be down a whole 8 or 9 points at this stage in my pregnancy." That's right people: Brennan said it, so it's real. Pregnancy brain exists! ;-)




So there you go. Two things I love enough to recommend to you without any kind of remuneration from the companies. 

(I feel like I have to say that for legal reasons. Also, it's true.)

1 comment:

  1. I'll have to check this out too - Rhythm of the Family if one of my favorite parenting/family books. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails